Wednesday 20 July 2011

My Cyclothimia diagnosis :)

After looking into bipolar disorder i knew i did not have it! so i explaned what had been going on with my local mental health team ect; and asked to be refered to a neuropsychiatrist as there could be a chance that i may have I.D.D a condition found in epilepsy!
at my meeting with Dr Mensah he gave me a prolonged smile and i homed right in on it as it was so fake!
this fake smile is testing mirror neurons! :)

cyclothymia is just a label not a condition alot of people are confused about this label.

you will get this label if:

you do not meet the diagnostic critera for bipolar 1 or 2!
you have taken a class A drug within 2 years of diagnosis!
cyclothymia means mood changes in cycles and in some cases it can progress into bipolar disorder! but there is no diagnostic criteria for cyclothymia!
no list of symptoms!
in the usa it is dubbed bipolar 3 in the uk it means nothing!
what it is if you see a doctor he wont say look i don't know wtf is wrong with you? :)
so this doctor did do the right thing i did take class A drugs within 2 years of that diagnosis! so i don't have a problem with this Dr or the diagnosis at all.

Dr Septh Mensah told me that Epilepsy does not have a kindling effect! i told him in my case it had!
apart from that dissagreement he's alright.
but it has been many years since i had seen him and in that time-
my son and daughter have been diagnosed with ADHD!
I was shocked when my son lewis was diagnosed with ADHD as he shared alot of my triats!
i had to ask his shrink as i had a overload both my son and daughter getting an ADHD diagnoses i asked my sons shrink if adults could have adhd?
to my total shock and suprise he said yes! he also said and in adults it is mistaken for hypomania alot.
thats got me where i am now i know i got AADHD!
but what is bugging me alot is my Epilepsy having a kindling effect?
i have a theory for this that it is linked in with my sleep apneoa but as there is no way this can be really proved thats all it is a theory :)

No comments:

Post a Comment